Irish native Darragh Kerins is no stranger to the show jumping world. With a multitude of accolades, he shines at the top of his sport with numerous International wins and top placings.
Darragh Kerins is a top Irish grand prix rider who relocated to the United States in 1997 and is now based in Wellington, Florida, at his own Innisfree Stables.
Kerins was born and raised in a competitive equestrian family in Ireland, at the historic Tubberbride Stables in a family of horsemen and women. His father, Francis, represented Ireland in show jumping, while his mother, Noeleen, has served as an official for the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) for many years. His brother, Richard, also competed in show jumping at the national level.
Kerins is married to amateur rider, Sarah Kerins, and they have two children, Daniel (15) and Khloe (9), who are also riders. Daniel is taking after his father as a showjumper and has represented Ireland in jumping in Junior Nations Cup events as well as FEI Children’s competitions.
Kerins has had hundreds of successes upon top horses throughout his career, with some of his most notable podium representations below:
- 1993 Rider for Ireland, FEI European Championships
- 2004 1st Place, Hampton Classic Grand Prix, aboard “Nabucco”
- 2008 1st Place, I Love New York Grand Prix, Lake Placid, aboard “Night Train”
- 2009 Rider for Ireland, FEI European Championships
- 2009 Rider for Ireland, FEI World Cup™Final - Las Vegas, aboard “Night Train”
- 2017 2nd Place, $86,000 Douglas Elliman Grand Prix Qualifier CSI4*, aboard “Silteplait De Circee”
- 2018 2nd Kentucky Spring Horse Show $35,000 Upperville Speed Stakes, aboard “Silteplait De Circee”
- 2018 1st Upperville Colt & Horse Show, $40,000 Welcome Stake, aboard “Chill R Z”
- 2018 1st TIEC $35,000 1.45 Welcome Stake, aboard “Silteplace De Circee”
- 2018 3rd + 4th Tryon $70,000 Fall 2 Grand Prix, aboard “Ringwood Zebo” and “Chill R Z,” respectively
- 2019 2nd TIEC $204,000 Coca-Cola® Grand Prix CSI4*, aboard Carlos JD Z
- 2019 2nd TIEC $72,000 Ingles Grand Prix CSI2*, aboard Carlos JD Z
- 2019 2nd TIEC $134,000 Horseware Ireland CSI3*, aboard Carlos JD Z
- 2020 3rd WEF CSI2*, aboard Lissino
- 2020 2nd WEF CSI3*, aboard Carlos JD Z
- 2021 3rd HITS Great American $1,000,000 Grand Prix, aboard Lissino